Short circuit causes fire in Hyd’s Osmania University

Short circuit causes fire in Hyd’s Osmania University : Answer sheets partially destroyed
A fire broke out in the degree spot valuation centre of the Osmania University in Hyderabad early on Tuesday morning. According to the police, the incident seems to have been triggered by a short circuit inside the hall.
Staff and some locals who rushed to the spot on seeing the fire immediately alerted the local fire station and the police. The Tarnaka fire department arrived at the university with a fire engine and is reported to have doused the fire quickly, averting a major fire.
Osmania University Vice Chancellor Ramachandram visited the spot along with police officials and took stock of the situation.
The degree spot valuation centre on campus is currently running the instant valuation of the recently held degree supplementary examinations.
Speaking to TNM, OU Police Inspector G Jagan said, “The incident happened early this morning, a short circuit seems to have led to the fire breaking out.”
The fire department officials also said that the reason for the fire was a short circuit inside the degree spot valuation centre building.
According to some local media sources, several answer sheets pertaining to as many as two subjects were destroyed in the fire.
Speaking to TNM, Vice Chancellor Ramachandram said, “The fire broke out early this morning, between 5-6 am. The fire personnel reached there and acted quickly, so the damage was minimised. We assume that perhaps 20 sets of answer sheets have been partially damaged and we are trying our best to recover them.”
The university has constituted a committee to conduct a probe into the mishap. The committee, which will submit a report in two days, will also assess the extent of damage due to the fire.
The police said OU officials have also lodged a formal complaint regarding the incident and the case is under investigation.
Theme images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.